Easter has to be one of the best times of year. An awesome 4-day weekend, the (slim) chance of BBQ weather, a great opportunity to enjoy a McQueen Gin or two in the company of friends and family, and of course all the chocolate you can eat without feeling guilty because… well… Easter!
But our very favourite thing about Easter has to be combining those last two activities to get the best of both. Among all our distilled to be different gins are three unique flavours inspired by and distilled with – you guessed it – chocolate.
Willy Wonka Drink Your Heart Out!
That weird and wonderful factory has nothing on us. We’ve got a little something for every chocolate lover behind the gates of our innovative distillery!
If you’re a cool ‘After Dinner Mint’ sort you’ll love the fresh and sweet notes of McQueen Chocolate Mint Gin. Or, if your name is Terry or perhaps Dawn French, you’ll probably be partial to our deliciously difficult to share McQueen Spiced Chocolate Orange Gin. And finally, if you’re a caffeine lover who relates to the Energiser Bunny more than the Easter Bunny, our smooth chocolate and coffee flavoured McQueen Mocha Gin won Gold at the latest Scottish Gin Awards!
Our Easter Concoction
Of course, we’re all about adventure. So, if you already know and love all of the above, here’s something new that’s just for you (we didn’t mean to make that rhyme, sorry). A mouth-watering Easter cocktail from our McQueen Master Chef – Vicky McQueen. Give it a go this weekend.
The Scottish Martini (serves 2):
– 50ml McQueen Forest Fruits Colour Changing Gin
– 50ml McQueen Pink Gin- 50ml of White Chocolate Liqueur
– 1x Fresh Lime
– Fresh Raspberries & Lime Garnish
– Mix Forest Fruits Gin (50ml) with Pink Gin (50ml)
– You should now have a lovely Easter purple blend
– Squeeze in the juice of the fresh lime
– Watch the colour magically change to pink
– Add 50ml of indulgent White Chocolate Liqueur
– Transfer to a shaker with a generous amount of ice
– Shake vigorously to your favourite song!
– Strain and pour into 2 chilled martini glasses
– Garnish with raspberries and lime
Happy Easter everyone, and Slàinte!